Board & Committee Members
The program's illustrious General Board, made up of academics, marketing professionals, community leaders, STEM Professionals and corporate supporters to help focus our efforts on shaping Empowered Girls of NC. Since the inception of the program December 2013, the Board has met to discuss fundraising efforts, programming, resources, and activities that are needed to assist our #PowerGirls by enhancing their quality of life and to empower these girls to become successful young women. We aim to continue to provide programming that builds integrity, respect and self-worth.
YES! Men can become Board Members! Complete form below.
Founder, Executive Director & Board Member
Monica Brunache, Vice Board Chair , Fund Development Committee
Alana Martin, STEM Coordinator, Board Member
Board Member, STEM Committee
Betesia Butler, Board Member,
Volunteer Coordinator, Events, Fund & Programming Committees
April Davis, Board Member
Parent Initiative Committee, Board Member
Christy Johnson, High Tea & Event fundraising Committee, Marketing Committee
& Marketing Director/Committee
Darla Lee, High Tea & Event fundraising Committee
Dr Sheila Gothard
Walgreens Manager, Insurance Entrepreneur & Photographer
Jamie Tindal, BS, CAVNC
Educator & Nonprofit
Board Member, Marketing Committee
Athletics Admin, Coach, Physical Education Dir.
Dr. Roberts, Events Committee
Brooklyn L. Woods, M.Ed.
Brooklyn Woods Consulting
Questions about volunteering with our Board or Council? Email us at
or complete the form below.
Become an Advisory Council Member!
Join our Team!
Adults needed to serve as members of the Advisory Council. Advisory Council responsibilities include providing strategic expertise to help support the organization, encouraging other community businesses to sponsor our members, events, workshops and summer programs. Serve as advocates for programs, promoting the organization whenever the opportunity presents itself. They would not have the same fiduciary responsibilities as a Board member. Minimum commitment is one year.
Advisory Council Expectations & Responsibilities:
• Have a passion for the mission of Empowered Girls of NC
• Be willing to be called upon for assistance with resource allocation, introductions to key people or will be advisors to the Board or Executive Director
• Are willing to make a financial contribution to EGNC annually
• Will be ambassadors for EGNC in their circles of influence
• Are kept informed about key milestones, metrics or accomplishments so they can spread the word about the work of EGNC
• Council members may be invited to a Board meeting to share their expertise or asked to join or present at a particular committee
• Serve as a key “advisory” voice to help the nonprofit
• Unlike the Board of Directors, the advisory council does not have authority to vote on corporate matters or bear legal fiduciary responsibilities.
Email us today!
ADVISORY COUNCIL MEMBERS